NZ Horse racing betting is a favourite of Kiwis. Popular racetracks such as the Auckland Racing Club and Ellerslie Racecourse have hosted major thoroughbred horse racing. For decades or centuries even, wagering on horseracing meant Kiwi gamblers had to be at the racetrack. However, technology and the rise of online betting facilitated an easier way for thoroughbred racing fans to bet online. The rush and excitement of mares, stallions or fillies charging down the race course can enjoy via television while betting online. We have compiled a list on betting sites where Kiwis can wager on not just horse racing but on other sports as well.
Top Horse Racing Betting Sites
- Leovegas Sportsbook
- spin sports
- Mr Green Casino
- 10Bet Sport
- 22bet Sportsbook
- 1XBet Sportsbook
- intertops Sportsbook
- william hill
- Karamba Sportsbook
- Royal Panda Sports Betting
Live Horse Racing in New Zealand
Why the race course has captivated so many fans is the adrenaline rush of seeing dozens of thoroughbred’s sprints through a racetrack. The advent of television broadcasting along with internet means for many gamblers the action can come to them. Punters do not have to physically be at a racetrack to see horse racing results. Many bookies simulcast popular horse racing events and allow live bets. What this means is bettors can watch live racing from the comfort of their homes or wherever they could be and wager on a Breeders Cup, Kentucky Derby or any other horse race.
Finding the Best Horse Racing Betting Site
New Zealand fans of horse racing games would much rather watch and wager rather than vet betting sites to determine whether they are safe or not. The task of reviewing horse race betting sites to find the best races for bettors to wager on. We have collated a list of the best sports betting sites for Kiwis to place wagers on any racetrack events including live racing. Not only do we connect our New Zealand gamblers to the top horse racing betting sites, we include a complete horse racing guide with various horse race bets, tips and strategies. Bettors can put all the tips to good use when wagering on events such as the Breeders Cup.
Best Betting Tips for Horse Racing Today
Whether you are a novice to horse race betting or more experienced, most times a simple Win bet is the safest route to take. The win bet is simply a prediction of which horse will reach the end of the racetrack first. However, the payout is lower than the other more complex bets. Horse racing is a multi-faceted branch of sports betting. It has about 15 standard bets which are divided into three different betting categories – Basic; Exotic and Multi race exotic bets.
Basic Horse Racing Bets
The three basic bets Win, Show and Place are the easiest bets especially for beginners
- Win – you predict the mare, filly or stallion you think will win the horse race.
- Place – this a bet where you pick a horse you think will be in the first two positions
- Show – pick the thoroughbred you believe will be in any of the first three positions
There are five types of exotic single race bets and these are bets on a single race.
- Exacta bet – this bet requires you to correctly guess the winning horse and the runner up
- Quinella- predict the two horses that will finish in the top two
- Trifecta bet – a bet on the top three thoroughbred horses in the race in their correct order.
- Superfecta – a bet on the top four thoroughbreds in a horse race in their correct order.
- Hi-5 – predict the horses that will finish in the top
As the combinations of horse racing results you have to predict increase, the payout potential significantly increases as well.
Multi race Exotic bets
There are five types of multi-race exotic.
- Daily double this bet is on which horse or horse will win two successive races
- Pick 3 – predict the winning horses of three consecutive races
- Pick 4 – bet on which horses will win four consecutive horse races
- Pick 5 –predict the winners of five successive horse races.
- Pick 6 –accurately guess the winners of the consecutive 6 horse races
Horse Racing Betting Odds
Horse racing betting odds increasingly get harder with the more complex bets. Where the are more than two factors that influence the outcome of a horse racing result bet, the odds of an accurate wager drop. New Zealand punters must keep in mind a few horse racing tips when they are trying to determine their odds of getting correct NZ horse racing results.
Simpler bets – win, place and show have a better odds, however the payout is less because they are easier bets. The more complex the bets become the lower the odds of getting an accurate result. However, the more complex a bet is, the higher the payout is. Horse that have won previous races have better odds of winning. So do the jockeys that are top performers. Having a parlay of bets in horse racing betting is a good way to balance the odds and get a good payout. When calculating your expected payout, multiply your bet by the horse’s odds of winning and add your minimum bet to it = expected payout!
Top 10 Horse Racing Betting Tips
Horse race betting can be very technical and complex. However, if you follow the horse racing channels keep your ears on what the expert pundits project you will have better outcomes. Being an avid horse racing fan will help tremendously because all the information you get from following horse racing news will not feel like a chore. Below are the top 3 tips to help bet better
- Watch the commentary on the horse racing channels you will pick up helpful insights on which horses and jockeys have better odds
- Keep up with live horse race results
- Learn who are your top 10 jockeys are because they always have 90% odds of winning races
- Horses that often win have a 33% edge
- If the site has a variety of racetracks, choose the track you want to bet on
- When you have chosen your race track, you have to select the exact race you’re betting on.
- Set your bet amount.
- State your type of bet (if it’s one of the basic, exotic or multi race bets).
- Select the number of horses you’re betting.
- Check all the information on your ticket is what you intend before signing out