New Zealand football is not as big as Rugby or cricket however it is still a popular sport. Football is affectionately known as the beautiful game and it’s easy to see why if you watched the football world cup 2018. Although New Zealand did not participate in the tournament, millions of Kiwi football fans wagered on the football games. The next football World Cup is in 2022, however in the meantime fans of the game can bet on New Zealand Football League, Aussie football games and on international leagues such as The English Premier League. Below is a list of top sports betting sites where Kiwis can bet on local and international soccer games.
Top NZ Football Soccer Betting Sites
Popular New Zealand Football Bets
Our list of betting sites caters to every Kiwi’s football fix as far as betting goes. The betting sites we have compiled have top football leagues from all over the worlds as well as local NZ soccer games. There are a wide variety of bets Kiwis can wager on soccer games. However, punters need to be aware that bets placed on English premier league matches will differ from bets placed on Auckland football games. This is because the trends which affect odds in different leagues vary. Local New Zealand Football Championship statistics are easier to predict because the leagues are newer and less volatile. The favourites are still firmly set. Unlike in a World Cup setting where most of the teams have similar potential to win or lose.
Top 10 Best Bets for Soccer Games – NZ Soccer Betting
- Totals Bets – Bet on the number of goals to be scored in the football game
- Halftime Result Bets – Bet on what the score will be at halftime
- Draw no Bet – Bet on a particular soccer team to win, but if the result is a draw you get your stake refunded to you. This is a bet with insurance so to speak
- Double Chance – Place a bet on a team of your choice for two possible outcomes
- Point Spread – also known as the winning margin bet in New Zealand
- Prop Bets – also known as incident bet options
- Goal Cast Bets – Similar to prop bets , punters wager on when goals will be scored in soccer games
- Goal Scorer – Kiwi punters can bet on which players they think will score
- Halftime / Fulltime Double Bets – This bet is almost similar to a double chance bet. Bettors wager on the result at halftime as a separate bet and at full time as a separate bet
- Moneyline bets- this a simple bet to predict the winning or losing team
Here are more soccer leagues and events that you can bet on at New Zealand’s best sportsbooks
Football Betting Tips for Kiwis
For successful profitable NZ football betting punters must keep updated with soccer league standings and results. Smaller leagues like our local NZ football leagues are less difficult to follow. International soccer leagues such as the EPL and Bundesliga have become easier to follow largely thanks to technology. NZ soccer twitter constantly keeps fans updated with live football scores and other soccer statistics.
The top three tips when wagering on NZ soccer games are:
- Be in the know – Follow soccer live scores and football league standings
- Bet double chance bets or Draw no Bet wagers to cushion the blow in case of a loss
- Make sure you understand the different betting options for instance betting on a favourite does not mean that the payout will automatically be higher in the case of a correct bet